Only system administrators can configure Integrations. If you are not an administrator, please consult a member of your team that is an administrator to increase the level of access you have been granted.
Priava's Xero integration allows you to share information about payments and invoices between Priava and Xero in real-time, making it easier for you to reconcile payments between the two systems.
In this article
- What Information Can You Sync?
- Summary of Triggers & Actions
- What Subscriptions Do You Need?
- How much does it Cost?
- Configuration Prerequisite Checklist
- How-to Instructions
What Information Can You Sync?
The Priava/Xero integration is native and bidirectional and the following data is updated in real-time:
- When an invoice is created in Priava, a new invoice will be created in Xero
- When a payment is received in Priava - either via the payment portal or when a payment received is manually added by a user - it will be linked as a credit note against the relevant invoice in Xero
- When a payment is made in Xero it will be added as a payment received in Priava against the relevant invoice
Summary of Triggers & Actions
Below is a summary of how invoices and payments are handled by the integration:
|Priava Trigger||Xero Action|
|An invoice is created in Priava that includes catalogue items only and no payments.||Create an invoice in Xero including the same catalogue items.|
|An invoice is created in Priava that includes payment amounts that are less than the associated catalogue items on the invoice.||Create an invoice in Xero including the same catalogue items and apply all payments to that invoice.|
|A Payment Received is applied to a booking that does not have an associated invoice.||Create a Credit Note in Xero and apply it to the relevant organisation (i.e. It will not be linked to an invoice).|
|An invoice is created in Priava that includes payment amounts that are greater than the associated catalogue items on the invoice.||Create an invoice in Xero including the same catalogue items and apply a credit note to the invoice for any payments that have been applied.|
|An event booking has previously had a Payment Received applied to it from Xero via the integration. A new invoice is created for this same booking including the existing payment.||No Action: Payment Received will not be created in Xero as it already exists.|
|Xero Trigger||Priava Action|
|A Payment is applied to an invoice in Xero.||Payment Received is added to the relevant booking in Priava|
|A Credit Note is manually created and applied to an Invoice in Xero.||Payment Received is added to the relevant booking in Priava.|
|A payment is cancelled in Xero.||A Debit Payment Received is added to the relevant booking in Priava.
Note: The debit will appear as a separate line item on invoices so as to reconcile the Payment Received that was initially applied to the booking.
What Subscriptions Do You Need?
To achieve integration between Priava and Xero, you will need:
- An active Priava subscription including the API module – we also recommend that you purchase the Sandbox module for testing purposes.
- A valid and active Xero account.
How Much Does It Cost?
Contact your Account Manager for further information and pricing.
Configuration Prerequisite Checklist
Below is an outline of all of the steps that must be taken prior to configuring the integration:
Steps to be taken in Xero:
- Configure your chosen currency in Xero - if you do not configure your currency, Xero will select the default option based on your Organisation's country in your account settings
- Configure the payment enable account code in Xero
Contact Priava Support Team:
Once you have completed the steps outlined above, please email our Support Team to provide the following information which will be used to configure the relevant field mappings to support your integration:
- Xero - Currency
- Xero - Payment Enable Account Code
- Priava - Payment Received
- Priava - Rounding Catalogue
Once you have completed the steps outlined in the checklist above, follow the step-by-step instructions to configure your integration: